Autumn Family Photoshoots 2018
Thank you for booking your family mini session for this Autumn! For those of you unfamiliar with the location I have some handy tips on parking and preparing for your session.
How to prepare for your session:
- The visitor centre opening hours are sporadic so please ensure everyone visits the loo before you leave home!
- As the sessions are short and sweet please ensure everyone arrives dressed and ready. I recommend washing hands and faces at home.
- Its the season for snotty noses so please bring tissues/wet wipes and give noses a thorough clean when you arrive. You’d be surprised what my camera can pick up!
- Please do not ask your children to smile for me, I will engage with everyone to make sure you are all relaxed and make you smile naturally. Genuine smiles are so much nicer than forced grins!
- Treat it as a day out rather than a photoshoot. I promise that makes it more fun for all!
- Choose harmonious colours that do not clash. Eg denim with pops of red or mustard or grey looks beautiful.
- Avoid multiple patterns which will make the image very busy with the rich tones of autumn in the background.
- Stick to simple unfussy clothes that you feel comfortable in. Jeans, boots and a cosy jumper will always look fab!
- Avoid all character clothing, logos etc. These will quickly age the photos and distract from faces.
- Dress to suit the environment and season. We will be outdoors so sensible footwear will help everyone feel more comfortable.
- Jewel tones and neutrals go beautifully together and work especially well with the beautiful autumnal tones of the location.
I have selected a few options that are currently available in stores which you can see below. But please do not feel you have to buy all new outfits! If you are uncertain please do ask, I am more than happy to help with outfit selections!
Some current options to consider that would look beautiful for autumn portraits.
H&M fine knit cardigan – beautiful texture and the colour will be glorious amongst the autumnal surroundings! Would be great with a dark top underneath and jeans or a long skirt and boots.
H&M fine knit dress – simple, cosy and practical. Would look great with tights, boots and a pop of colour from a scarf!
H&M check shirt with frills – perfect with jeans and boots! A gorgeous pop of colour!
H&M cord skirt – this would be beautiful with a chunky knit jumper, thick tights and boots!
H&M cord dungaree dress with floral top – the exception to the rule! this pretty print and colour pallette would be gorgeous!
Zara cosy jumper with stud detail – would be gorgeous with jeans, boots and maybe a pop of colour from a scarf!
Zara simple knit jumper – darker or neutral tones would work well with a pop of colour from hat & scarf or the mustard would look fab with darker accessories
Zara cable knit sweater – styled with the matching snood would be SUPER cute and cosy! Or funk it up with a dark grey or navy fringed scarf.
Matalan checked shirt – worn open over a dark tshirt or buttoned up with dark jeans and boots.
Matalan duffle coat – worn over a dark top or perhaps a splash of colour with red or mustard would look lovely!
These can make a huge difference so don’t forget those! Hats and scarves are perfect to keep everyone cosy, add texture and colour. Here are a few favourites that would work beautifully!
Matalan striped bobble hat & scarf set – great to add some colour and texture to a simple outfit.
Matalan unisex navy hat and scarf set – ideal to add to lighter neutral tones or to compliment pops of red or mustard.
Matalan mustard pom pom hat – cute and adds a pop of autumnal colour!
Matalan cream cable knit bobble hat – a classic that will go with anything!
Matalan mustard woven scarf – perfect for mum or daughter!
Matalan check woven scarf – gorgeous option for mum or daughter!
Matalan check grey scarf – perfect for boys and Dad!
I hope this is helpful when planning your outfits! I look forward to meeting your family soon!