This is why I provide a fun and exciting first birthday session called a cake smash. I start with classical portraits looking smart in their Sunday best – capturing their big personality before we get messy and have lots of fun exploring the cake, finishing up with a splash in our gorgeous roll top tub! the perfect way to celebrate a birthday.
Please book your cake smash a few months in advance, I get booked up quickly and do not want you to miss out. I can also get you a cake made from our fantastic cake maker, but she needs advance notice so please let me know as soon as possible. To book just fill out our contact page
Carli is an amazing photographer. She made us all feel welcome and at ease from the moment we stepped into her studio. She has a natural flair with children and we knew that our twins were in safe hands. Our finished photographs are beautiful and just as we wanted them to be – natural yet stunning! Carli creates and captures beautiful moments. Thank you so much! x. – Tracey
What ages can Cake Smash Sessions be booked for?
When should I book my child’s Cake Smash photo session?
Do I need to organise anything in advance?
How long does the session usually take?
What should I bring with me on the day?
If you would like your child photographed in a nice clean outfit of choice before the cake smash I am happy to do some photographs of them before things get messy!
I can provide the outfit for the smash (unless you want to)
What happens on the day?
When you arrive I will give you and baby time to relax and settle into the studio environment. Once baby is happy and settled we will start with nice portrait photos first. After that we will move on to the super fun cake smash and once your baby has had enough cake we round the fun session off with a bubbly and interactive tub time session, which is always a huge hit!
Cake Smash Session fee
- *This photo-shoot is specially designed for babies celebrating their first birthday.
- Your baby is one! Congratulations! It’s been a year of changes, sleepless nights and no doubt enough ups and downs to justify writing a book about it, but you are finally here! Your baby is now a year old and it’s time to celebrate!
- Our Cake Smash & Splash is a fun filled session, where I aim to get some super cute photos of your little one destroying their cake and having fun. This is followed by a splash part, where we wash the cake off them in a bubble bath. As a part of the session, I aim to capture a lovely photo of the parent(s) and baby (usually before we get down to the smashing business) and some lovely photos of your baby on their own. All parts of the session are dependant on your baby’s participation and their mood on the day, and nothing is guaranteed, but I do my best to make sure we capture some lovely memories for you to cherish forever.
- You will be invited back to my studio one to two weeks after your session to view your final gallery of approximately 15 beautifully enhanced and fully edited images. It’s at this point when you may decide which package you may want to purchase.
Smash or splash
- Your cake smash or splash on its own, no faff no fuss, just one session with either the cake smash or the splash
- 8 digital images
Have your cake and eat it
- Full portrait session, Cake smash, and splash session.
- All digital images (approximately 20)